Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1976 F350 Super Camper Special

1976 F350 Super Camper special package

General description:
This is a solid southern truck from California. From California it lived in Alabama before I brought it up to Michigan. I did some upgrades along the way to improve the pleasure of driving it including sound insulation, a modern seat and stereo. Unlike most old fords that have just been repainted and rattle down the road, this truck drives great.

Condition:
Body: This truck is from Alabama and was originally from California. It is about as rust free as you can find. Ive made a point never to drive it in the Michigan winters. All original paint and the underside of the truck still has the original paint in most areas. Since it is all original, there are dings here and there and the paint has sun baked off of the hood. Its not perfect but slightly sun bakes seems to be cool these days. This truck could be sanded down and painted with basically zero rust repair. Chrome is good. All new door seals, window seals, windshield / rear glass seals and a new sliding rear window. New rear tires last year.
Interior: I have installed a new seat from a 2010 Superduty, carpet, radio, and a few other small replacement items to make it nice. I also sound insulated the entire interior with Dyna mat and Jute pad. The new weather strip seals keep it tight and quiet. The radio is a classic style digital with mp3 input routed to the glove box where there is a 4ft cord to plug into. there are new speakers (5 x 4.5, and 2 6x9s).
Drivetrain: The engine was rebuilt 3 years ago. It is mostly stock with some quality improvements for strength. Stock trans still shifts well. New exhaust when the engine was done. Its a 3" exhaust with a quiet type stainless magnaflow muffler.

Engine bottom end: 460ci bored .030. Stock Crank is .010 under. Eagle I-beam rods. KB hyper pistons zero decked by deck milling. All re balanced for a proper smooth running engine. Static Comp is 8.9 : 1.
Engine top end: Stock D3 heads properly rebuilt with ported exhaust. New valves with over sized shafts were honed in. New edelbrock valve springs, locks, and retainers. Stock 4bbl intake and 4350 motorcraft carb. RV style torque camshaft with roller timing set.
Engine electrical: New engine harness, stock type ignition with new re curved distributor. New OEM cruise control servo and Dennis Carpenter controls pad.

Known issues:
Carb seeps a bit. Heater core is bypassed. Fuel senders are not working right.

Comes with not shown:
3 original hubcaps, new fuel senders, inner fender splash guards, filler neck hoses, original type spare tire, Original owners manual.

6500 OBO

00000_iOt3oVz5tDv_600x450.jpg

00R0R_fQLAEzDjkD6_600x450.jpg

00000_irEJLb796Jb_600x450.jpg

00O0O_gYAhNLUlqTT_600x450.jpg

00303_aiXjW289ePP_600x450.jpg

00c0c_aRUpSrOq7xm_600x450.jpg

00101_8ejZpEtlL1I_600x450.jpg

00g0g_b6mZw1l2Cco_600x450.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Muuuutherrrrrrr f***er. Been itching to get in an SCS for a while...but more importantly has the pre-78 cruise/speed control set up that I have been trying to get my hands on a decent set up for about a year now. Too rich for my blood...and I think you'll find it is in most parts of the country except the rust belt. But good luck with it.

I am in the rust belt but it also is OBO.
Yes the cruise is nice. I have a Ford Tech service manual that covers full diagnostics of the cruise system. Was very handy to get this cruise working. The controls are mostly resistors. It was pretty satisfying when I oemed it all out, replaced one part and it worked.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts