Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2001 f250 V10 lariet lean code bank 1, and misfires

Hello if your reading this I'm looking for help on my truck. Recently I blew a sparkplug and replaced with with a doorman spark plug insert and before that I had a check engine light for lean code bank 1. After the spark plug blew i repaired it then i started to get random misfires. Mainly cylinder 8, and in the pending section of my code reader it says cylinder 4 misfire. I replaced the muffler with oem and checked the cats for damage because when I would accelerate I would hear a psss psss sounds and after taking the muffler off I realised no platinum honey comb in the muffler. I replaced it recently and I drove it around and boom, just like that it pops up with the same exact codes. I'm a little stumped on how to fix this I've tried the fuel filter and even rebuilt the injectors at one point. Could it possibly be a shitty coil pack I put on my truck when I was 16? Or the connectors for them in general? I'm supper confused any help would be awesome thank you.

Ford Truck Articles