Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2006 6.0 no power replaced turbo

I have a 2006 6.0 with 117000 miles on her.This is an E450.A few weeks ago a driver driving my truck said it was overheating almost to the red.I got the truck and started back to the shop and the temp was dropping.Got back and checked fluids and that was okay.I hooked up my scan tool and it said there was no communication with the fan.Sure enough the wires were pulled out by the fan.I replaced the unit and went for a drive.Everything was working great.I turned around to go back to the shop.While accelerating I got to about 2000 rpm's and I heard a loud bang and loss of power.limped back to the shop and didn't see anything wrong so I hooked my scan tool up again and got a 2262 code no turbo detected.I thought okay turbo so i pull turbo off and take apart.The unison ring and fingers were rusted up and wouldn't move.I replaced the turbo and checked the hoses.I scanned the system again and I get a 2262 code as well as 2263 code .Where should I look at and what could be wrong.There is no power and after accelerating it will go slow and then 2000 or more rpm's engine will miss and smoke like crazy

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have a 2006 6.0 with 117000 miles on her.This is an E450.A few weeks ago a driver driving my truck said it was overheating almost to the red.I got the truck and started back to the shop and the temp was dropping.Got back and checked fluids and that was okay.I hooked up my scan tool and it said there was no communication with the fan.Sure enough the wires were pulled out by the fan.I replaced the unit and went for a drive.Everything was working great.I turned around to go back to the shop.While accelerating I got to about 2000 rpm's and I heard a loud bang and loss of power.limped back to the shop and didn't see anything wrong so I hooked my scan tool up again and got a 2262 code no turbo detected.I thought okay turbo so i pull turbo off and take apart.The unison ring and fingers were rusted up and wouldn't move.I replaced the turbo and checked the hoses.I scanned the system again and I get a 2262 code as well as 2263 code .Where should I look at and what could be wrong.There is no power and after accelerating it will go slow and then 2000 or more rpm's engine will miss and smoke like crazy
Both codes deal with turbo boost. From the "bang" that you heard, I'd say that you have a CAC leak. It can be a boot, broken clamp, or a tube failure. Just trace the tubes with your hands to find the leak.

update

Update I found one of my problems for turbo not working ? I went to check hoses again. I couldn't reach or see the hose coming of the turbo to the CAC so I removed the doghouse to check from the inside.Well I found lots of things wrong.The lining of the doghouse was covered in soot as well as the transmission and wiring.I started engine up and there were 2 big exhaust leaks.One at the connection on the right exhaust manifold and the clamp at the turbo were the exhaust goes in to power the turbo.I could feel that leak on my hand 7 or 8 inches away from the connecter.I am assuming this is why I have no boost?Let me know if I onto something here or not ? Thanks

blacksnapon

Staff member
Update I found one of my problems for turbo not working ? I went to check hoses again. I couldn't reach or see the hose coming of the turbo to the CAC so I removed the doghouse to check from the inside.Well I found lots of things wrong.The lining of the doghouse was covered in soot as well as the transmission and wiring.I started engine up and there were 2 big exhaust leaks.One at the connection on the right exhaust manifold and the clamp at the turbo were the exhaust goes in to power the turbo.I could feel that leak on my hand 7 or 8 inches away from the connecter.I am assuming this is why I have no boost?Let me know if I onto something here or not ? Thanks
That can definately be a contributor to no boost. Lessened exhaust flow=no boost.

Ford Truck Articles