Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.0 Bullet Proofing??

blacksnapon

Staff member
I went to 3:53 before I wanted to blow chunks. "Check with your local laws before doing the egr delete" HUH? Its Illegal (federal offense) for anyone dealing or repairing automotive items to defeat or disable emissions systems. Black onyx gaskets.........anything with multi-layer steel gaskets is engineered for there to be movement between components. The additional gasket cement on the onyx gaskets prevent movement, which leads to premature failure. Previous videos show him charging a customer thousands and convincing him he was cheaper, when all he needed was an IPR. My opinion, dude is a hack!

For heads, best fix is ARP's with OEM FORD MOTORCRAFT head gaskets.

The largest factor to the oil cooler and egr cooler(that lead to engine failures) failures is the ford coolant. One of the BEST things to do is to do a very thorough flush and use EC-1 or ELC rated concentrated coolant with distilled water.

Look at this link for modifing the EGR cooler that helps your engine greatly and does not fail smog.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/159197-up-pipe.html

Krafty

Missouri Chapter member
I wasn't thinking about having anything done. I actually parted ways with my 6.0 early this year becasue of the oil cooler and the egr. I loved the truck, but it was a work truck that I needed to depend on day in and day out. At the time I didn't know to much and didnt want to take a chance. I have seen some of these vids though lately and they give me a glimer of hope that I could give one a try again. Just wanted to see if what the general thought of this guy was.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts