Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.7 turbo

Updated my post to include a Job 1 truck.

Forgive me if these questions are too trivial, I'm just curios. (I want a 6.7 rrrrrrrreal bad) Have they started the tear down and if so, what are they saying?

Turbo is blown for sure. Mech wanted to get to the tear down this afternoon and see what else is messed up but no idea if he even started. I may call him Monday after work and see if he found anything else. My guess is the Intercooler is toast as well. I just hope there is not damage in the engine.

Thats good to hear brother. Problem is that he is not you :rofl: and I don't think they had an intercooler, just the turbo.

Update

UPDATE

Dealer called and I just picked her a few ago. The turbo shaft snapped in half and rounded off the fins on the interior. Thanks to me shutting her off quickly, I saved the intercooler and engine. There were very few metal shards anywhere. The EGR valve was also burned up so they replaced that and also did another Nox update (even though I thought they already did it). I was told there was a recall on it but never received notice!

Anyways, she drives amazing, better than when stock. There seems to be NO LAG from the new turbo. I forgot how many looks I get in that truck after driving that #$&! Fusion while she was in the shop LOL.

Long story short, Ford took care of me and I appreciate it smilieFordlogo

blacksnapon

Staff member
UPDATE

Dealer called and I just picked her a few ago. The turbo shaft snapped in half and rounded off the fins on the interior. Thanks to me shutting her off quickly, I saved the intercooler and engine. There were very few metal shards anywhere. The EGR valve was also burned up so they replaced that and also did another Nox update (even though I thought they already did it). I was told there was a recall on it but never received notice!

Anyways, she drives amazing, better than when stock. There seems to be NO LAG from the new turbo. I forgot how many looks I get in that truck after driving that #$&! Fusion while she was in the shop LOL.

Long story short, Ford took care of me and I appreciate it smilieFordlogo
Good to hear!

That it is!! Thanks for your help as always brother, I really appreciate it. :)

Ford Truck Articles