Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

98 Expy value...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Got a buddy of mine hard up for some cash. He has a 98 Expy he got as payment. He called me up to see if I wanted it. He says he just needs $1100 for it. He says it's obviously a used a vehicle, but no major damage. 4x4 with the 5.4 (200k on the odo), xlt. I'm only interested to flip it. I know it's tough without pics...but what's the absolute worst case scenario??? If it's a basket case, is there any meat left on the bone???

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ehhh...guess I'll have to take a look...could cut it too close if anything needs to be replaced. I did a quick look on ebay/autotrader and these things seemed to sell for between $700-2000

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Back in 09 I paid 6K for a 97 Eddie Bauer with 138K on it....

I would say its well worth 1100 bucks......most of them i see (around here anyways) are going for 3-3500 bucks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
True dat...I'm thinking it's worth a look and if nothing is obviously wrong and will be big dollar replacement...I'll probably go for it. I'm just always hesitant when I see something for sale at a fraction of market value. But I suppose this is the BIL pricing.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'll give you $40, some belly button lint, and a paper clip.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts