Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ABS Codes

Michigan
I thought i asked before somewhere on this site if anyone know what each ABS code ment. But i cant find it anywhere. I did the self test today, found code 27.. I have no clue what it means so if anyone could help that would be awesome! Thanks

Michigan
NO WAY, i searched for that, wrong area tho! lol i knew it was somewhere, well now we can discuss it over here. I have Code 27.. That is Rear Axle Outlet Solenoid Concern Diagnosis (Code 27) Is that something to do with the abs pump. I bought a new sensor for the rear axle not to long ago, that didnt fix it. Hey chris i woulda asked you but im on the other computer and messenger is not working on this one, sorry bud.

27 -- Open circuit to valve block or anti-lock brake electronic control module, open or shorted valve coil or internal anti-lock brake electronic control module damage.

27_component.jpg

Description

Code 27 is generated by the anti-lock brake electronic control module's detection of an open or shorted Circuit 510 (T/R) and by an open or shorted outlet rear axle valve coil or an open or shorted driver in the anti-lock brake electronic control module.

Possible Contributing Component/Vehicle Wiring Concerns

Intermittent open Circuit 510 (T/R)

Terminal backout in anti-lock brake electronic control module connector Pin 27

Terminal backout in valve block connector Pins 1, 4 and 3
Open or shorted outlet rear axle valve coil

Open or shorted driver in anti-lock brake electronic control module
/

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles