Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

An idea worth considering

A section at the top of the forum that has the 15 or so most recent posts (name of the thread, name of the poster...not the whole post) within the entire forum.

I have seen this before and I thought that as long as the forum will be restructured soon, this ought to be condidered.

Yeah, something like that (I never new that was there).

I have seen forums with that kind of thing at the top of the home page. It was more compressed though...as in each post was not so big and space consuming. 15 posts would take up less than half of a screen.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah I know what you mean...

I've ALWAYS just used the New Posts link on this website. In fact, the bookmark button on my toolbar for FTF is a direct link to the New Posts link, I hardly ever browse these forums manually.

I just use the new post link. I use it on several sites. Once the list comes up, I right click and open the ones I want to read. I am not sure what you are looking for. I do not recall that on any other forum I visit.

?????

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I just use the new post link. I use it on several sites. Once the list comes up, I right click and open the ones I want to read. I am not sure what you are looking for. I do not recall that on any other forum I visit.

?????
Hey Brian, just so you know, if you hold Ctrl and click the link, it will open it in a new tab ;) (assuming your using Firefox... and you SHOULD be)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Not on this computer. This is my parents PC. I have 4 different browsers on my laptop. I do prefer firefox, but use the others to check websites when I make them. Other people out there do use them (for some odd reason).
Lol, well the point is, hold Ctrl and click a link to open it in a new tab ;) That way you don't have to use right click -> Open in new tab.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
it's default way of opening a link is into a new tab. No having to hold any keys, no annoying download pop up boxes... everything just makes a new tab. keeps the windows bar unclogged with crap.

Ryan

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
it's default way of opening a link is into a new tab. No having to hold any keys, no annoying download pop up boxes... everything just makes a new tab. keeps the windows bar unclogged with crap.

Ryan
Oh I thought you were talking about eco's New Threads idea.

I wouldn't want that feature enabled... It would create a bajillion tabs from just navigating through 1 website to get to what I'm looking for.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts