Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

APRIL 2013 Chat Thread

CAPofMD

Delaware Chapter member
I might as well start this..... it'll prob be the finish too!

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I forgot to start a new thread for this been swamped with work.
I've been on a search in my spare time for a truck looked at a bunch of them in the last few weeks.
Put hundreds of miles on the car in the search.
I always call and talk to the people ask questions like motor, miles etc. Then you drive 2 hours and it has a different motor in than what they advertised. I come to the conclusion 99% of the population are total idiots.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
What are you looking for Smokey? Maybe there's "just the one you need" over here on the flat side of Md.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I'll keep my eyes open, but to be honest, most of the people around here keep the rangers until they're done.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Yeah, you hit the over priced right on the head. Then they say, " ya know, they don't make these anymore". Like that automatically adds value, lol

I'll still keep my eyes open tho, never know when you might get lucky!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Looking mainly for a ranger 97 or older. Had to have a 4.0 manual transmission 4wheel drive or a full sized. Has to be extended cab.

You have good taste.

They are tough to find, though...seems like everybody who buys 'em either beats 'em to hell, or keeps 'em 'til the wheels fall off. Me included, I guess.

Couple months ago, I saw an '09 very similar to mine on a Ford lot, except with an auto and a couple fewer features. Had 40-50k on it, some surface rust underneath, and an asking price higher than my truck originally stickered for. :suspicious:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
That's funny!

I stopped by a truck sales place on the way home from the gym today, because they have a Mazda (Ranger) sitting on the front line. Extended cab, 4x4. Thought of you. He wanted more for that than the 03 Super Duty next to it!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Wow!!!! You guys still use the Corrier name?

Cool, that disapeared here in the early 80's

Ford Truck Articles