Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Austin, do you detail chainsaws?

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
:D

The plastic covers on most of my Stihls are sun faded, what can I do to get them looking decent?

If they get oil on them, I wipe it in and they look good for a couple days, but I want a long term fix.

I will snap some pics soon.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Hmm... plastics are always fun. I'd go with something cheap like Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and a terry towel to apply. Top off with a synthetic wax to protect it from oils and dirt.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
In my opinion, if you're running a business you want your truck, your tools, and your people to all appear well kept and in good order. If that means buffing everything, go for it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
In my opinion, if you're running a business you want your truck, your tools, and your people to all appear well kept and in good order. If that means buffing everything, go for it.

Couldn't agree more...even if it's your personal stuff.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
The last two posts nailed it. ;)

Matt, Huskys are nice, never owned one personally. Every logger or saw runner I have talked to said that Husky is nice, but they all still run Stihl, for some reason. ;)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Why TF does it matter!!??? It's a chain saw...
Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

This was kind of my first thought.....UNTIL I read below.....not being in that industry made me believe their equipment should look like mine. I have a couple of small chain saws that cosmetically look horrible, even though they work fine and are good enough looking for me, but if it were my business, then a different story for sure!

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Couldn't agree more...even if it's your personal stuff.

:( My personal tools aren't as clean as they should be.....I guess it's just not that important to me.....but sometimes cleanliness can lead to longevity of the equipment....finding the time is tough and then it comes down to priority.....being the person I am, I think in retirement, I'll be anal about just about everything cleanliness wise since I'll have more time....or I hope anyways.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
When I finish a job in the garage....from 1-5 hours is spent cleaning tools, putting things back where they came from....same things hold true at work.

A place for everything and everything in it's place.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts