Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Best all around tire...

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
We have the generals on one of the work trucks at work... Nice traction and nice ride, but wore out too quickly for my taste. It is a nearly 9,000 lb truck though, so I'm sure on my 6,500lb suburban they'd last longer...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
No fan of the BFG's. While they're great off road in dirt and mud, they suck on ice and on wet/paved roads compared to competitive brands. In Oregon, that's no small consideration. I'm getting ready to replace a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's on the F150. They've survived almost 90,000 miles, a good chunk of them off-road. If Michelin made a good muli-purpose tire, I'd be game. They don't.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT

I had Toyo's on the F350, and really liked them. that's the direction I'll probably go again, if I don't just do another set of Goodyears.

Hey, we get rain down here even some ice from time to time.. (mainly on bridges, but ice non the less)

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's have been a good tire. They lasted well and good traction in the explorer and the rangers. The wife has a set on her Wrangler and they have been good in the snow and ice and wear well on it.

To me, Terra Grappler's are one of the best all around tires. Excellent traction on and off the road. And for an AT that is good on snow, the General Grabber AT2 is a good option.

Next time you're looking Matt have a look at Hankook dynapro a/t - i've got 30k miles on mine (F150) and they aren't even half worn down yet - we have a really coarse chip seal on our roads that is murder on tyres too.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
A buddy of mine has a set on his f350 and they seem really great... I have them on my other truck though and they wore way too quickly. His are a heavier load range than mine though, so I may have underestimated them.

primetime

sawmill slave
I`ve always liked the BFG A/Ts. My shorty bed got around good in the winter even when it was in two wheel. A couple of guys I worked with several years ago had ran them on a an F-150 and Explorer respectively, kept them rotated, and had a butt load of miles on them.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Ok, the moment youve all been waiting for. Doug, especially, as hes had the pleasure of seeing my truck in person before the new wheels and tires.

The wheels are factory GM wheels off of a 2010 Yukon XL 2500 and the tires are BFG All Terrain T/A KO 285/70/17

New_Wheels.jpg

new_wheels_2.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOTTTTTTTTTTT!

It really does look nice. The wait was worth it!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hmmm....I never thought it possible that tires could polish a turd....I have learned something new.

:D

:wavey:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts