Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Blacksnapon is at Work Today!!!

It's a beautiful Saturday and blacksnapon is at work today. Everybody with 6.0 problems needs to head on down to Sellers-Sexton Ford today....I'm sure he'll get ya right on in!!!'hah'

blacksnapon

Staff member
I had to come in and look at the new SHELBY! BLACK WITH RED STRIPES- 6 SPEED- 5.4 SUPERCHARGED ENGINE! Just in case anyone was interested.

Dollar down dollar a month.
At your age, you should take out a reverse mortgage and enjoy life more, Brad!`

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
well in my neck of the woods, truck shop doesnt work on saturdays YET. car shop..... since the new owners they do lol. i heard years ago, dealership prices are higher and can be higher because of the level of work we do, is never and can never be compared to the "other" shops. so why the heck are we open on the weekends, if we cannot and should not be compared to the "other" shops? lol.

Because to be greater, you must not only do better, you must do more. That is why I am working on the weekend.

blacksnapon

Staff member
well in my neck of the woods, truck shop doesnt work on saturdays YET. car shop..... since the new owners they do lol. i heard years ago, dealership prices are higher and can be higher because of the level of work we do, is never and can never be compared to the "other" shops. so why the heck are we open on the weekends, if we cannot and should not be compared to the "other" shops? lol.
we have 3 groups that do saturday service. They wanted a diesel tech with each group, I don't gripe, so I agreed to do it. Every third saturday isn't too bad.

blacksnapon

Staff member
So far its just been service work (oil changes) and travelers with an overheating problem (I'M PISSED--I GOT BURNED ON MY HAND!)

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
It was a heater hose behind the cat on a 2.0 litre Mazda 626 (I touched the cat). I guess I'll go pdi the SHELBY to try and feel better. MMMM-Chrome,chrome,chrome!

Any head / head gasket problems now?????

blacksnapon

Staff member
Hey Goose.............. You wouldn't want this shelby.........getting it off the truck they skinned the bottom of the lower valance.........we'll have to discount the snot out of it just to sell it..........I know you wouldn't want damaged goods.........being you're a buddy, and I wanted to save you from a bad investment--I told them NO WAY!

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
It was a heater hose behind the cat on a 2.0 litre Mazda 626 (I touched the cat). I guess I'll go pdi the SHELBY to try and feel better. MMMM-Chrome,chrome,chrome!

I hate doing that, I've gotten a few cat and muffler burns myself.YelloThumbUp

Changing the muffler bearings is a pain too.:bs:

Last edited:

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Hey Goose.............. You wouldn't want this shelby.........getting it off the truck they skinned the bottom of the lower valance.........we'll have to discount the snot out of it just to sell it..........I know you wouldn't want damaged goods.........being you're a buddy, and I wanted to save you from a bad investment--I told them NO WAY!

Interesting!!

At SEMA in Las Vegas last November, they were raffling of Carroll Shelby's personal car:

107874293-L.jpg

For more Ford (and Shelby) photos at SEMA, check out this URL:

http://bob-ayers.smugmug.com/gallery/2091378#107871578

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Wow... I was working too this weekend.

1) Son's Boy Scout Eagle Project (Saturday 1/2 day).

2) Drove to lake home and mowed yard (Saturday pm)

3) Worked on new front deck/porch for lake home (all day Sunday)

I have a blister from my Dewalt drill (screwing deck scres in)... not as bad a burned hand... but none the less... an injury!!!

Happy Father's Day everyone!!!!:beer:

Jeff

Since it is so badly damaged, I will take it off their hands for free. They need to get it off the lot to make room for something else anyway.

Besides, after driving it once, I could sell it and re-build my truck. YelloThumbUp

Gotta drive it once. :rofl:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts