Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

cab mounts are in

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Well, I decided to go with the ones from Mac's Antique auto parts in NY. They were $30/each and came with the mounting bolt hole pre-drilled and also with the inspection plate. At first I thought I had the wrong items because they were a lot bigger than I thought they would be. Turns out when I was looking at the mount on my truck (via underneath the fender) I was only looking at part of it. The rest appears to mount flush under the floor pan.

Will be a few weeks until I get my poly. bushings from Summit, so that will give me time to come up with a game plan. I have a friend that said he would be happy to weld the new ones on for me. Should I take a cutoff wheel and remove the old ones, or have him remove them with a plasma cutter. Seems like the wire wheel would provide a more controlled cut, but what say everyone here!!!

Also got a new fuel neck filler grommet. Mine is the original and will go with my nostalgic original stuff collection. Cannot wait to put that on, just because I am tired of looking at that worn out 40 year old grommet.

Got new key blanks as well. Took them to Lowes Saturday and the guy grinded them for me for free... Purty nice of him I must say, considering the cash I whoop out at that store...

Ford Truck Articles