Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

cam and lifters

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
well ive been tossing around the idea of putting the cam i bought last year in this summer. i bought it from comp cams when i was rebuilding the motor but decided to just go stock. well after about a year i wanna throw it in now. the engine has taken a beating and i can't complain one bit! the paint is peeling just a little bit but its just paint. the motor itself has done its job and im very happy about the results. here are the specs on the cam i bought.

Part Number 66-237-4

Engine---------1965-1996 Ford
----------------240ci-300ci
---------------10.00 Deck,
----------------6cyl.
Grind Number ---F60 260H-10

Description
________________________ Intake_______Exhaust
Valve Adjustment-------------0--------------0
Gross Valve Lift-------------0.447----------0.447
Duration At 0.006 Tappet Lift--260-----------260

Valve Timing At 0.006
_________________________Open_______Close
Intake------------------------24-----------56
Exhaust----------------------64-----------16

These Specs Are For The Cam Installed At 106 Intake CL
_________________________Intake_____Exhaust
Duration At 0.05--------------212---------212
Lobe Lift--------------------0.2795------0.2795
Lobe Separation---------------110

Recommended Valve Springs---903-12

its a mild cam and safe for Speed Density. im not absolutely 100% on putting it in but im really considering it since no one wants to buy it. just rambling haha

Last edited:
Michigan
X2 Go for it buddy! Get err done. Get a lope vid before and after!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
While you're putting it in, you can also touch up some of the grabber green paint. Sounds like a win-win situation to me!

110 deg LSA is not SD compatible however, the specs are similar to the stock HO V8 cam but it has 115 deg LSA and is SD compatible.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
it isn't? really?...........when i ordered it i talked to a guy there i THOUGHT knew what he was talking about and he said thats the highest one i can go with and not completely mess up the SD in my truck. thats why i ordered it. well worst case scenario, i just change to MAF. is that possible for the 89?

it isn't? really?...........when i ordered it i talked to a guy there i THOUGHT knew what he was talking about and he said thats the highest one i can go with and not completely mess up the SD in my truck. thats why i ordered it. well worst case scenario, i just change to MAF. is that possible for the 89?

Nice catch conanski.

Possible for an 89? Sure.

Easy to come up with the parts? Probably not

Might be easier to tune the SD computer.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hmm ok, ill be doing some research on it in the coming weeks/months for it. im also seriously thinking about throwing on some hedman headers for it since i threw that idea out when i built the motor. it didn't have a spot for the EGR tube which i want to keep. and i didn't have the tools/time to make one for it. in about a month or so the junkyards around here will be getting the winter beaters and other stuff in so i might be abel to find the MAF setup. hopefully

You could get away with 110LSA if the cam is really mild.. and I mean REALLY mild like under 0.400" lift and 250 degrees duration at the valve, but that's not the case. There are some healthier 112LSA cams that will work with the SD system, but I don't know of any with 110LSA that will.

Shouldn't be too hard to put MAF on that truck, find a MAF I6 junkyard truck and pull the computer, meter and engine harness. You can then swap in that harness or strip the injector and MAF wires and plug them into your stock harness.

Ford Truck Articles