Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Can somone measure the frame width?

Hello all,

I might be picking up a hitch (or my brother might) tomorrow in Springfield for $25. It is supposed to fit this generation of truck (F-250).

I just need the tube part in order to make one for my truck.

However, I do not have one of these around to measure to see how wide the frame is. Would somone mind measuring their frame width at the rear where a hitch would mount?

Yes...dad has one, but I am at work and don't really want to drive out there in the middle of the night to measure his (when I get off work). :(

Thanks,
Brian

I might be picking up a hitch (or my brother might) tomorrow in Springfield for $25. It is supposed to fit this generation of truck (F-250).
looked at that same one for my truck and was going to measure. ...you can have it :)

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I measure 1 of the 3-4 hitches in my stash .

center bolt holes mounting flang (be center frame flag)35 1/2 "
out to out 37 '
center tube length 36 1/2'

Hope that helps some. To many hitches to few trucks . smiliegitrdone

looked at that same one for my truck and was going to measure. ...you can have it :)

I forget you live up there. I am trying to steal your hitch. :(

Thanks guys. Now...I just have to measure the 56 when I get home (whenever that may be).

Two of the hitch companies told me to "contact a fabricator". Umm...I are one. :suspicious: Hello!!! :wavey:

My little brother picked the hitch up this morning.

He says the tube should be long enough.

He will send me a pic and the measurements (probably tomorrow-he is off work).

I will pick it (and several tools he bought me on sale-over time) up the next time I go up to Springfield. I should re-phrase that-the tools I paid for and he picked up for me. LOL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts