Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Coolant leak

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Top of engine, left rear corner of manifold, vertical inlet, approx. 1.5" hose.

Did I just end up with a cracked manifold, because the hose looks intact.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Can I get a pic of the leaking area? If it is the area I am thinking there is a connection there that has a tedancy to leak and is fairly easy to fix.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That is where I thought. Check the hose connections on the back of the head. there is a metal tube that comes up from under the intake and bolts to the back of the head right there. I have seen them rust at that bolt and leak from the tube. If that is the issue, you have to pull the entire intake to fix it.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Cool at least it is going to be "easy" to do. The lines that come up from under the intake feed the heater lines, so make sure you get a good seal with the new hose.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Shouldn't. If you can get your hands around the back of the motor.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Good news, leak stopped, not sure how, nor do i havethe time right now to look, but I'm not complaining. Hope it lasts till I get the other engine ready...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Could have very easily sealed itself. I had a small one on the same hose, wiggled it a little, and it sat down and sealed itself to the pipe.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
smilieIagree Been an intermittent issue with the Marquis for years. Currently it isn't doing it. Last year it did- no rhyme or reason. Never leaked enough to warrant action, but I could get a whiff of coolant sometimes.

Ford Truck Articles