Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

corrupt ficm

blacksnapon

Staff member
If you have FICM codes that show the ficm needs replacement, first try doing a Programmable Module Installation (PMI). It involves downloading the information, then when the IDS (or similar scan tool) says to replace the module, dont. Just upload the information, then proceed with all reprogramming. Check the voltages. Many times this will "correct" corrupted data in the FICM.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
If you have FICM codes that show the ficm needs replacement, first try doing a Programmable Module Installation (PMI). It involves downloading the information, then when the IDS (or similar scan tool) says to replace the module, dont. Just upload the information, then proceed with all reprogramming. Check the voltages. Many times this will "correct" corrupted data in the FICM.

Yikes, I can hardly post my pic's. Guess that's why I'm driving an old carb'ed truck.

Yeah, corporations aren't releasing all capabilities to the aftermarket scan tool manufacturers just yet. Weird, because Snapon makes the IDS for Ford.

Well My Modis old but up to date. But i dont think the Modis can uploads any files to any PCM.

I didn't know Snap on was making any of the OEM scaners /interfaces. I thought OTC was still making most of them.

I dont even think the verus pro can do any uploads

I think its just a way that car car companies can keep more of the money in house. And keep the little guy out of the mix.
Cars and truck dont last as long and cost a lot more to repair.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts