Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally caught the odometer!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow.....time flies when you're having fun I guess. ....eh? I remember when you first bought both those vehicles.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

No doubt...hindsight being 20/20...no more vehicles I can't pay cash for. The new wears off pretty quickly, and even if you're on an accelerated payment plan, you still have 2-3 years of a good chunk of your paycheck going to it. Lesson learned.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
No doubt...hindsight being 20/20...no more vehicles I can't pay cash for. The new wears off pretty quickly, and even if you're on an accelerated payment plan, you still have 2-3 years of a good chunk of your paycheck going to it. Lesson learned.

Yeah man......my wife and I learned that lesson many years ago......if all we can afford was a $4200 car with cash, that's all we looked and bought, which by the way was our first family car when we got married......now, there's not many cars out there that we can't pay cash for.....both our dents were paid with cash......we take this philosophy to just about everything (only our commercial property is mortgaged) we buy.....even our addition is being paid cash...OUCH....and it does hurt writing those big checks, but the pain quickly subsides the very next month or two when we realize don't have any payments!!!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^we even paid cash for our wedding and honeymoon (no help from mommy and daddy on these expenses....which is fine)!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
BEN, DON'T GET ME ON THE FINANCE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife also said the only ring (plus our wedding bands) I was allowed to buy here was the one I didn't finance! She's a financial planner, remember?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh definitely. Both the Edge and the Lincoln will be paid off within the year. I was able to put a nice chunk down on the house, and I have enough cash set aside for a wedding at the Outerbanks, renting out 2 beach houses for a week for family/wedding party...and a honeymoon is up in the air. I've often wanted to reallocate different accounts to put more cash in other areas...but I'm a firm believer in not robbing from Peter to pay Paul. But I try to live pretty tight to 'if I can't pay cash, I don't need it' philosophy. I'm weird in the sense, that I don't ever want anyone to have the ability to hold over my head that I didn't work for what I have and that someone gave it to me. I don't care if it's a pen or a mansion.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Talk about a hella thread derailment.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Congrats on all 7's. I like your Dash layout,wish mine looked like that.

Thanks Cliff.....The dash is nice on this one.....similar to my King Ranch; love that one also.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Just got all 6's
mileage.jpg

Roy.....I think you should have started a new thread cause you might have jinxed my wifey's Expi with your post! :headbang:

Ford Truck Articles