Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Raptors

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow, after reading all that, I'm kinda scared to even post. I just wanted to say I saw one for the first time tuesday. Cool enough truck. Only three of them in town where I live. What do you think the collectability of the Raptor will be 20 to 30 years from now.

Personally, I don't see them being very collectible at all, for the reason that there are a good bit out there. Everyone that gets one has that 'collectible' mind set...so not doing much with them driving down future prices. I might put it as collectible as a 79 350 SC 4x4 on down as low as SCS is today. Or for something more recent...maybe a lightning to as low as a nascar edition. I see no real heritage behind the basis of this truck and too many being produced to be a collectible.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Personally, I don't see them being very collectible at all, for the reason that there are a good bit out there. Everyone that gets one has that 'collectible' mind set...so not doing much with them driving down future prices. I might put it as collectible as a 79 350 SC 4x4 on down as low as SCS is today. Or for something more recent...maybe a lightning to as low as a nascar edition. I see no real heritage behind the basis of this truck and too many being produced to be a collectible.

Agreed. Besides, there's nowhere near the fanbase as say a 1969 Dodge Charger. Thirty years from now, I don't see it looking as good as a Charger either. It won't have much staying power, as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

What about the collect-ability of a $2k 70's Bronco with $15-20k in it today 20-30 years from now.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What about the collect-ability of a $2k 70's Bronco with $15-20k in it today 20-30 years from now.

If you mean an early Bronco...some how they seem to hold good value. I dunno how, but I still doubt you'd ever get the money you put in to it back out. But if you mean a 78/79 full size Bronco...big numbers produced, so I don't see much value there. Maybe get half of what you put in it.

If you mean an early Bronco...some how they seem to hold good value. I dunno how, but I still doubt you'd ever get the money you put in to it back out. But if you mean a 78/79 full size Bronco...big numbers produced, so I don't see much value there. Maybe get half of what you put in it.
That's what so great about dent sides, you can get into them so much cheap than anything else really.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

My point was that a 78/79 Bronco with 15-20k in parts 20-30 years from now is like owning a 1932 Ford coup today versus a 20-30 year old raptor; much more desirable collect-ability wise, in my opinion.

Trucks built over the last say 5 years, what do you think guys will be after and restoring 30 years from now? Platinum, King Ranch, Harley, Raptors, even Level II Rangers for that matter. Of all options, trim and interior. Plus lets not leave out Roush trucks.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts