Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Future of FTF

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
This one is definately dunkin
abbf4b70356cdedfc09802d221bf79c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i finally got my laptop fixed after the fan that cools both the cpu and vga chipsets died... original set i bought to replace it didnt work... found a company that sells salvage computer parts and got one from them (also ordered 2 new ones from another company jic...) but only the salvaged one shown up so far... i plugged it in and it still spun free... so im running it on the laptop for now to keep it cooled... ill run it till it dies too

Fellro

Staff member
So going to get back to the business part here, Tapatalk has a hosting service that we have been considering transferring to. Thoughts, opinions? It would greatly decrease our costs, but us admin do not really have much experience with the format and offerings there. With heavydoc offereing up the trial membership to me, I got a quick look at the different options there which does look intriguing as a possibility. Also, is it only for mobile devices? Haven't found a way to view on my desktop.

Last edited:

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
I like the tapatalk app, it is very useful. I don't have any experience with its hosting capabilities. I do know about every 6 weeks (ish) it seems to have issues, but what doesn't!!!

I've been using Tapatalk pretty much from the get-go for the different forums I frequent and it's been pretty good for me. There is the occasional issue from time to time as Doc said, but all in all satisfying enough.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Ya, I bought the life membership back in 2015 or 2016, it was only $15 back then. Not sure what it is now but I have heard that it is loaded with adds now if you don't get the lifetime membership

I can vouch for the ads on the free side as I haven't fully convinced myself of the need to pay just yet.

I'm sure that just like YT though the ads will keep getting longer and more frequent until you finally just get sick of it and pay to make it go away.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Doc and Mikey talked me into it. It sure is easy to surf most of the sites I go on.
One forum changed it's format when they updated, I hardly can get around on it on my laptop. Tapatalk, I cruise right on around like I did before

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Adds are a pain. I was graciously gifted a one month free trial by a friend, when it expired it went nuts. And it's not even close to anything I've ever searched for. Now I'm getting adds for some kind of Asian cartoon??

So yeah, point is adds. But it's free.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
my only issue with the taptalk thing is i view the sites with computers browsers... i dont care to have a ton of apps on my phones... so if its something i wont be able to view through a regular web browser then probably not... i think our biggest problem is how stagnet the site got for so long... i kept checking in but wasnt seeing any posts to reply to and when id try posting in the old chitterchatter threads thered be a reply or 2 and then ppl were gone again... Why i started posting about my motorcycle rebuild project... Yes i know thats kinda ground to a halt to in a way but been really busy at work because of the covid thing and havent had much time to work on it... with pollen slowing down and them cutting hours ill probably get some more time here soon to work on it again... next weeks another full week but the week after im only scheduled for 30 hrs...

Fellro

Staff member
I agree with using the computer mainly. I am the same, don't like doing it all by phone.

Traffic has gotten slow for a lot of forums, seems to be a pretty common thing.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
So I am assuming the tapatalk would only be available by phone? I also do a lot of laptop usage rather than phone. But I also understand the concern about the almighty dollar.

Ford Truck Articles