Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

high lighted links- Normal or is it just me?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Recently I've seen a lot of high lighted links on the site, that pop up links to advertisements. For instance, if I run the mouse cursor over a highlighted word in someone's sig, then a popup will appear, asking me to buy a washer, dryer, etc.

Is this a new "feature" of the site, or do I have a personal computer problem?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Sounds like a personal problem. Run malwarebytes to see if it comes up with anything.
I think it is called text enhance you might have installed it with a program also check add remove programs it might be listed.

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
We don't run any software that fits that description, I'm afraid you might have a bug.

Ryan

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
what browser are you using.
I had something like that get added to google chrome when I downloaded an app or something. Had to go into my settings on chrome and delete it.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thanks for the replies. Scott, I'm using IE10 on Windows 8. This just started about a month ago. I posed the question because it is only showing up on the FTF website.

Randy, I didn't see anything like text enhance in the program features add-remove list.

I might dig a little deeper tomorrow. I'm working nights tonight.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I've had that happen to me, not on this site though.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I assumed it was specific to the site...it was an RV one. I'm not sure what to think since it's been mentioned that it's not site related...weird.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Np....not sure if I was any help though!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Did some reading....did you try what Randy said?....that is a good removal tool.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I downloaded and installed the free version of malwarebytes. It found 50 files, one of which was a trojan virus. I deleted or quarantined all 50 files, but it had no effect on the highlighting problem.

Today, all the highlighted words are for the Monster.com website, which one of the boys has been using for a job search. This seems to be intuitive, matching the highlighted words to your search history.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
glad to hear you got it fixed.

There are sites out there that use adwords as a way to make money, the show up as highlighted text links. We don't use a feature like that though.

Ford Truck Articles