Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How much do you pay for safety inspections?

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Safety inspections? What are those? :D

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
I think they are supposed to be the same price no matter where you go... at least that was what i was told back when i lived in Mo and had to deal with that.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
they should be the same no matter where in the state you are.. like in TN its 10 dollars for emmissions testing, no safety testing... pre-96 is just a sniffer up the tailpipe, post-96 is code reading and sniffer..

and you do this every year, unless you have a non-emmissions vehicle, or a "antique" tag and registration, has to be older than 25 years and theres a long list of restrictions of where/when you can drive the vehicle...

He's still mourning the Titans! smilietease

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Safety inspections? What are those? :D

My thought exactly!

However I have to pay for emissions on anything newer than 25yrs that runs on gas. $25 anywhere.

Safety inspections are mandatory in my province. Basically, it confirms that the vehicle is safe for use on public roadways, and MUST be done before any vehicle is registered.

Price from shop to shop is pretty uniform.. If one shop was much cheaper, everybody would go there. We charge $45 + taxes where I work.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts