Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How to remove tar?

FTF'er
I was taking a short cut through the ghetto the other day in my Suburban and hit a road with a lot of hot bubbled up tar/oil on it. Now the side of the Suburban has a LOT of tar on it. What have you used that would be quick and easy to remove the tar?

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Try tar remover...

FTF'er
Try tar remover...
Maybe some brand of tar remover is better than others? I tried some in the past that just made a smeary mess... I ended up using gas to clean the mess created from the tar remover.

When it comes right down to it,anything that breaks down an oil by product will work. For tar anything thinner then tar, kerosene ,gas, or (anything that is an oil by product that is thinner then tar). Elbow grease is always helpful ' if you have any left,
"Wankin wastes elbow":nono:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I used (with success) Gunk Clear Coat Safe! Tar-n-Bug remover. It came in a large blue aerosol bottle.

Ryan

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Maybe some brand of tar remover is better than others? I tried some in the past that just made a smeary mess... I ended up using gas to clean the mess created from the tar remover.
I havent had to deal with tar, but for other junk, I have used a rag dipped in gas, works fine for me. If there is a lot, then you might not want to use it all over. Who knows. :)

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
now if only they made a product called ghey gone, Paul. :D

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Knees, plural. get it straight. Sorry, anything straight is probably impossible for you.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Xylene works good for tar.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts