Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I like Maguiars! Check how it made my HD look shiny -->

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Pic is a little hazy from the humidity. Looks a helluva lot better in person smilieFordlogo

Has anyone else used Maguiars brand products? I first washed it with the yellow colored "Wax and Wash" and then used "Tech Wax 2.0".

truckwaxedjune302012.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I used to use their wax until I found Zymol soap and wax, now I use that...but all other interior and exterior products are Meguiar's.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I'm using their Ultimate Compound right now.....doing wonders for my oxidized paint. It's turning my 40 foot truck into a 30 foot truck lol. Plus the shine is nice.

460Trucker

I'm using their Ultimate Compound right now.....doing wonders for my oxidized paint. It's turning my 40 foot truck into a 30 foot truck lol. Plus the shine is nice.

I've seen that product mentioned before. Does it work like a polish or a wash?

Looks like everyone in this thread has had good luck with their Maguiar stuff!

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
It's a rubbing compound basically. My paint was heavily oxidized and this stuff is working great. It takes 4 or 5 passes, but that's because of the condition of the paint on my truck.

Fellro

Staff member
Last time I used Meguiar's was on my T/A. Looked good at the time, but the paint burned up afterwards. Yes, it sat for a few years with no continued care, but the paint went from being ok for the prior 20 years to total crap in less than 3. I only use Mother's these days, I was pretty impressed with how well it polishes up old paint.

460Trucker

^ I use Mother's for my chrome, it works wonderfully.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I use Meguiar's products on most of the pics I post up. They make some good stuff.

Ford Truck Articles