Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

LKQ Pull-a-Part

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dunno how many of you have ever been to an LKQ pull-a-Part (closest one to me is Charlotte)...but with the holiday season coming up, they'll typically do an un-advertised half off special. They're a chain pull-a-part, but figured some of us still go junkyarding and could benefit from the 1/2 off pricing. I'm not really sure when the 'kickoff' is...but it should be soon:

http://www.lkqselfserve.com/locations/LKQ_Pick_Your_Part_Charlotte-228

There's one in Greensboro, a couple in Raleigh/Durham...and it looks like there's one out near the beach.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
We have a chain up here Ben...went there when i was looking for parts for the 79....had nothing of the sort...The one 78 Bronco they had was hit pretty hard,not much left to salvage...up here Gen 6 trucks are hard to come by in yards...most of them have met the crusher or just plain gone.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Same here...most of the chains don't go any farther back than the mid-90's...but I still like going to see what can still be salvaged, and ig they have a dentside in the yard...that's just gravy. I don't think I've ever gone to a junkyard with a purpose.

BuzzGun79

^^^^ Around here Roy it is the EPA getting on their butts to keep the yards in an orderly fashion along with proper disposal of fluids ands such.along with taking in stolen recycling items.Unless the yard owner is established and has the cash to stay in operation..Many here are gone also.

Last edited:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
^^^^ Around here Roy it is the EPA getting on their butts to keep the yards in an orderly fashion along with proper disposal of fluids ands such.along with taking in stolen recycling items.Unless the yard owner is established and has the cash to stay in operation..Many here are gone also.

Same here. We had one that had about 12 80-86 F-Series trucks. A hard rain came, flooded out the yard, oils mixed in, EPA whined, and they shut down. They weren't even open for a year.

There is another one here that used to run as a they pull it. They decided to go U-Pull-It. I went there after they opened the doors, and it was pretty unorganized. Four weeks later EPA shut them down, and as of last check they're only operating as a scrap metal facility.

BuzzGun79

Very true Shawn..Seems like the days of the Auto/truck salvage yards are numbered......The more prominent yards here are pulling the parts off the vehicles and inventorying in that manor,this is cleaning up the yards..but it is driving the cost of used parts up as well...The prolblem with this is the old stuff is being crushed for there is very little demand for it anymore,compared to the newer.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles