Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Looking for someone willing to help out in Nashville

Fellro

Staff member
A friend of my uncle's lives in the Nashville area. She has 4 autistic children, and the ex-husband left her. He has the money to pay good child support, but refuses to just for spite. With the children being autistic, it is pretty much impossible for her to get a job, so she is getting by on next to nothing. She has a suburban which has cracked the block. What we are looking for is if we can get a motor to her, if somebody would be willing to help her out by putting it in. Currently she is running the 89 Ford van my sister recently purchased, but left with her to use until something can be done with the Burban. My uncle was looking at hauling it all the way back to Texas but that isn't exactly economical either. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If you're not opposed to strangers, I'll spread the word to some of the E TN wheelers I know.

Fellro

Staff member
As I know more for sure, I will let you know. Just kinda testing the waters to see what is do-able. It isn't going to be immediate, but relatively soon. I would entertain anyone competent to do the job. If you guys recommend them, that is enough for me.

Fellro

Staff member
Update: My uncle has ended up in the hospital in Texas, so unknown when/if he will be able to bring a motor up. Next, apparently she had hit a deer with it about that time, so have to wonder if it will need a clip and radiator. Again, as I know more, I will advise.

Fellro

Staff member
She needs most of a front clip for it. It is a 92 Suburban, so just into the newer body style for them. 88 up 1500 and 2500, 92 up otherwise. Driver fender is ok, but need hood, pass fender, grille, and bumper. Need not be cosmetically pretty, just useable. No mention of radiator or rad support.

Plans are to have the motor there in a few weeks hopefully. Might need someone to meet to unload the motor as well, not sure how that will work out either.

Ford Truck Articles