Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

more 6.0 quiz

blacksnapon

Staff member
This was taken after #2 injector was replaced. What do you see, and what are your recommendations to the customer?
Picture4.jpg

blacksnapon

Staff member
Replace #3 & 5?
The 6.0 cylinder numbering is even cylinders on the left and odd numbered ones on the right. Many times a copper washer on one injector will fail allowing compression gasses to get into the fuel rail. This will progressively cause a misfire on each cylinder on that bank as the fuel gets forced away from the injectors. This was not the case for this one though. Look at #7. The ficm strategy on a 6.0 is that it will use neighboring cylinders to compensate for the "lessened" performance of one cylinder. The screen you see has that strategy disabled. Yes, the repair was replacing #3 and #5 with a warning to the customer about the other two.

I read about the compensation that the FICM performs. When I was looking at the chart I figured that maybe there was some limitation to the amount that the cylinders could be balanced. That is some good info on the effects of a copper gasket leak! I wish I could remember where I read that.....

How many miles on the truck?

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
I read about the compensation that the FICM performs. When I was looking at the chart I figured that maybe there was some limitation to the amount that the cylinders could be balanced. That is some good info on the effects of a copper gasket leak! I wish I could remember where I read that.....

How many miles on the truck?
139k miles

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
looks like the truck with bad FICM that we had.. but after it warms up the line is more straight..

Ford Truck Articles