Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need transmission help

Hello, I have a 1999 F250 7. 3 litre diesel. Having a peculiar issue with the transmission. You can drive the truck all day without an issue. Shut it off. Come back and it won't move unless you Rev It Up quite a bit almost like it's trying to start and second or even third gear. The next time you try it will work fine then the next time it'll act up again. I have had it to three different shops and no one seems to be able to locate the issue as it never accept when they have it. Not one of the three shops have ever put a scan tool on it to see if there's any codes coming up because the truck seems to work fine when they have it so they don't bother scanning it. This transmission is only approximately 4 years old. We are running a bully dog and the transmission was built strong to handle the input power. I'm hoping somebody may have some insight as to what the problem may be. I have also put on a new neutral safety switch. Any suggestions what I should be looking at would be greatly appreciated and if anybody knows what a good scan tool would be for this truck I would also appreciate that information. Thank you.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
The codes need to be read, kinda sounds like a coil or solenoid is getting hot

Ford Truck Articles