Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

NEW F150 EV Lightning...WANT!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I did this:

Congratulations_on_Your_Reservation_for_a_New_Ford_F-150_Lightning_Page_1.jpg

Congratulations_on_Your_Reservation_for_a_New_Ford_F-150_Lightning_Page_2.jpg

prices.png

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Not sure if it's too early since we just got the Mach E Mustang EV this week, but man, that F150 EV is just some kind of cool as well......my wife and I really want one.....I'll be watching as the reviews come out...these aren't shipping till next Spring to Summer I've been told and the decent ones are going to be the Lariat or Platinum; anything lower than that and it wouldn't be worth it to have for what I want it for....so prices will be up there.

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
It's going to be interesting to see how they do. I got excited about the bi-directional charging system, I can see how handy that would be.

Really happy for you!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
It's going to be interesting to see how they do. I got excited about the bi-directional charging system, I can see how handy that would be.

Really happy for you!

Thanks.....it's supposed to be able to power a 3 bedroom house for up to 3 days on a full charge....that's insane. Couple that with some solar panels and you can really do a lot regardless of where you're at.

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Thanks.....it's supposed to be able to power a 3 bedroom house for up to 3 days on a full charge....that's insane. Couple that with some solar panels and you can really do a lot regardless of where you're at.
That's a good idea. I'm not big on solar, but that would probably be a very efficient set up.
I have been led to believe Ford is producing the batteries in house, and they are "supposed" to be readily available for replacement, so hopefully these trucks will be a product that lasts and can be repaired as they age.
Looking forward to pics when you get it by the way.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
No way!! Congrats Ken! Just saw the Mach E Mustang on the road yesterday! The guy had a big smile! Can’t wait to see the Lighting!!

Thanks....I think this truck will be revolutionary; not because of the tech. I actually think Tesla has the upper hand on quality and tech for cars and their Cyber Truck compared to the F150 Lightening. I think it's going to revolutionize the electric vehicle industry simply because it's the F150; the name and the brand carries SO MUCH weight in the area of work trucks and family vehicles even.

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
I'm not willing to speculate about market acceptance, I thought bottled water would never sell.

I would like to ask, did you order the presidential package?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm not willing to speculate about market acceptance, I thought bottled water would never sell.

I would like to ask, did you order the presidential package?

For me, it doesn't make sense to buy anything less than the extended battery optioned one.

So it's the premium or platinum package for us or bust.

Our reservation puts us in line to order, but the build date comes later in the process where we can put in our colors and options.

I'm getting the "ice blue silver" color! I'm am TOTALLY DONE WITH BLACK......such a hard color to keep polished.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
That's awesome! Hopefully the chip shortage issue can be resolved and they will actually be able to build them.

A buddy of mine was just notified that his new Bronco has been delayed with no date set yet.

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Agreed on black being hard to maintain. I'm thinking if I paint a pickup I'm going to fill a ziplock baggie with dust from my road and have the paint shop match it.

I'm kinda wondering about off road/ slick surface performance. The only electric vehicle I've ever driven is a Ranger, and that tech is waaayyyy behind today's. But it's very easy to control, the accelerator has a long sweep, and it's easy not to spin tires.

BTW, presidential package comes with an extra steering wheel and pedals on the passenger side............

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That's awesome! Hopefully the chip shortage issue can be resolved and they will actually be able to build them.

A buddy of mine was just notified that his new Bronco has been delayed with no date set yet.

Yup, covid/car market has been insane to say the least....housing also....lumber.....ok, I'll stop there....ugh! :headbang:

Ford Truck Articles