Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No go 6.0

I have a 2005 F-250 6.0. Started it up late on a Monday evening so when I came back out on Tuesday morning it would start easier being really cold out and all. Ran fine Monday, came out Tuesday morning , ran for about 5 minutes and acted like it started running out of gas, but had plenty of gas in it. Kep trying to start it, but no go. Tried using some starting fluid but it would not even try to start. It has 260,000 miles on it. Had a high pressure line fixed that went bad on it at 140,000 miles, but that was it. It does need glow plugs I know that. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Ed

blacksnapon

Staff member
Glow plugs would be a good place to start. Have you had any battery or alternator troubles recently? Low voltage can and will kill a FICM.

Howdy, driver, where do you hail from? Has the old girl been in the cold much? Block heater? Fuel additive? Fuel filter might've gelled, assuming you are actually putting diesel in, lol :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts