Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

oil leak?

i have a 6.0 with 270,000 miles on it and it leaks oil bad on front near power stering pump why? and how do i fix it? 2005 super F250

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
i have a 6.0 with 270,000 miles on it and it leaks oil bad on front near power stering pump why? and how do i fix it? 2005 super F250
The camshaft position sensor is over the p/s pump. There are o-rings that are bad for leaking.

i can loose up to 1 gallon of oil a day is there a seal around the bed plate? It only leaks when the truck is runing! i just put $4000 in the top half of motor new ever thing i wont it keep truck but this oil leak is killing me:guns:

if i am right about the bed plate i will have to pull the block out to fix it is like a 2 peace block right when out should i replace the seals around crank too?

blacksnapon

Staff member
You seem to be convinced that its the bedplate. Have you considered front cover leaks, camshaft position sensor leaks, oil dipstick leaks, low pressure oil pump leaks? Is it leaking at the top and running down? Have you added UV oil dye to pinpoint the leak?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut

I have changed many front cover gaskets for this leak you are describing. I would make sure of the leak source before going through the trouble of doing the bed plate seals as I myself have never had to change them for a leak. I've changed may upper/lower oil pan gaskets.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts