Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Once again I turn to you guys for advice, please!

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
Tires for the 94-150
In doing a search here Michelin seemed to come up as the most often mentioned as the best. So I'm looking at

Michelin LTX MS2

Thoughts? Is Tire Rack the only place to get them??

Thanks guys!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
The LTX seems to be a pretty good tire from what I see in the shop - wears nice. As a matter of fact, a tech in the shop has those tires on his 96 f-150.

As for where to buy them, can't really help too much.

Fellro

Staff member
You pay well for Michelins, but they also will serve you well. I am sure there are other places to get them, but you might not be able to beat Tire Rack's price, even shipped. The cost will next be in getting them mounted and balanced.

Fellro

Staff member
Hmmm, I will have to check them out when they get opened up. Building an outlet here locally.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Tire Rack is a Sponser here, I'm thinking you will get a good price from them.

Fellro

Staff member
They beat out Tires Plus locally by enough to justify shipping and mounting/balancing. They have a network of installers as well. They have very good prices, and their shipping is way reasonable. I have bought from them in the past, likely to do so again. Helps that I now have my own tire machine too. Just a balancer is what I don't.

Fellro

Staff member
Can't say I am much of a 'stoner tire fan, bad experiences. I have never worn one out, generally because the belts break first.

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
Thanks guys!!, will go with those. Found several dealers locally as I need them before May 1.

Truck tires are going to cost less than my Honda's Nokian. Wish I could afford those for the big guy!

I'm getting a really good run out of a set of Hankook Dynapro at's - put them on 26000 miles ago and started with 12mm tread and now have 9mm tread across all four.
I'm a wee bit anal when it comes to tyres and like to rotate at 5000 mile intervals - i normally get a wheel alignment done at 10000 mile intervals + i always check the tyre pressures on a regular basis so i'm expecting to get at least another 30000 miles before i swap them out for a new set.
Just one thing E - before or at the same time as you spring for the new tyres get the Wheel alignment done and have your mechanic check that all your suspension bushes/joints and tie rod ends are in good order ..... nothing will p**s you off more than scrubbing out your new tyres ($$$) prematurely.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Michelin don't offer much in the way of at or mud tires, but the LTX tire will last and last. Others are correct, you will pay for them. I had a set of LTX's on my 97 Chevy 1500 and got 90,000 miles out of them and they were still decent when I traded it in on my 03 F250. I put a set on my 03 F250 and could not believe the ride difference between the stock BFG's and the LTX's. I tried more than a few sets of tires on my 05 when I was using my personal truck in the oilfield. Since our tires were free at the time, we all tried different brands and makes to see what would last on SB2 roads. Just about all brands of AT's absoultly suck on gravel as far as tire life. A bunch of pumpers in the biz using their personal trucks and claiming mileage, ran nothing but LTX's. They didn't get their tires for free like me, so they needed to get every mile out of tires and brakes to come out ahead.

I only roataed and balanced the LTX's on my Chevy 3 times and never had funny wear patterns on them. Not that I endorse the practice of not rotating them, every 5k, but just my experience with them, I can tell you the LTX is what will be going on the F350 next.

For what its worth, my buddy went through 3 new tires (broken belts, never worn out) in less than 20K with the Firestones. He went with a set of Michelins at my suggestion, he commented too on the ride difference.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Firestone destination lt's

Very popular tire. Can get about anywhere and they have great traction and wear

Had them on my father's truck. Lasted a long time without balancing or rotating. Got over 80k on them I think before we had to change them.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
We have Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's on the '95, and they've been great. Wouldn't have picked them myself (were on the truck when we bought it). That being said, I've had outstanding luck with Michelin in almost all applications. Currently have a set of Michelin Primacy summer tires and X-Ice winter tires for the Marquis. Couldn't be happier with either.

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
Spent the weekend doing a bit of research on these.

4 Michelin LTX M/S 2 installed is $683.39
Front end alignment $49

Installation of Bilstein shocks $80 - $100

Having a ride that doesn't feel like a boat =)

but....now I need to find what 4600's to order from O'Rielly's. Think I'm going to drive the beast over to the store and have the guy tell me.

unless any of you know???? (hint, hint) LOVE you guys!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts