Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Opinions please

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
On this polisher:

http://www.tptools.com/Cyclo-Dual-Head-1-Speed-Professional-Polisher,7845.html?b=d*13055

I have to either polish the 350 myself or send it out...I'm really not keen on sending it out and there are other vehicles here that need polishing as well.

Austin may be more qualified to answer this question, but if that thing is good enough to buff that Benz in the ad, it should be good enough for your rigs eh?

That does look like one quality tool....not from our buddies in China that's for sure.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^that is a cool detailing site btw.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
They have a lot of good stuff, it's where I bought my blast cabinet from.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Somebody remind me to reply to this later... Gonna be too much typing for my phone.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Okay, soooo let's see what I can add in here.

Duncan, the dual head style buffer is one of the oldest style units still being manufactured - and for good reason. The dual heads offer an almost 'by hand' polishing finish, nearly eliminating holograms and buffing swirl marks. The Cyclo brand is the only one I'd buy, so don't cross-shop other makes (if you can actually find any).

Down sides: pads of any modern nature are almost impossible to find, usually pricey. You're limited in some areas of the vehicle with the size of the machine and position of the heads.

Another, although slightly more expensive option would be a forced rotational buffer. Take a look at the Rupes line of buffers: http://www.detailersdomain.com/Rupes-BigFoot-LHR15ES-Random-Orbital-Polisher_p_855.html

Using something like the Rupes (or looking at the only comp built by FLEX) allows for great control, awesome pad selection, and superb finishing ability.

Either are great for a detail shop, but I'd say that the Rupes would be easier to learn and control.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
No problem. Let me know if you have any more questions.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Will do, I'm going to do some reading.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
There's plenty out there to read. Check out the Auto Geek forums for some more insight.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
There's plenty out there to read. Check out the Auto Geek forums for some more insight.

Love that forum......great information on detailing.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts