Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Overhead Compass/Temp display not working

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
A very common problem with the Gen.10’s is the overhead display to stop working. Before you go and buy a new unit from the Ford dealership, remove the unit and look at the printed circuit board. The most common thing that prevents the unit from working are the 510’s (as seen in pic) that come loose from the printed circuit board. A few dabs of solder and you’ll have it working!B40D8C67-B74A-4E23-95CC-8CE7D46ABCF5.jpg

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'm sure a new replacement, if still available, could be in the high hundreds. Nice fix. The digital clock went out on my not ford and the dealer wanted $400 for the display. I found a guy on ebay that repaired them for a flat rate of $30. All he did was resolder a couple pins on the PC board.

Last edited:

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
I'm sure a new replacement, if still available, could be in the high hundreds. Nice fix. The digital clock went out on my not ford and the dealer wanted $400 for the display. I found a guy on ebay that repaired them for a flat rate of $30. All he did was resolder a couple pins on the PC board.

Exactly Doug! I figured I would give it a try before spending the dollars for a new one.
EBay and YouTube sure are helpful.
But still FTF for the win smiliepeelout

Ford Truck Articles