Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Paint testing on the Mercury.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Did some testing today to see how I wanted to tackle paint correction on the Grand Marquis... looks like I'm going to have a time with this one.

Here's a before shot, corrected paint is to the right.

IMAG0343.jpg

50/50

IMAG0345.jpg

So far what I have. An improvement, but not enough for my standards.

IMAG0344.jpg

More pics.

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Yeah Chris, just wait! I think he has some of that brown paint left over from the Stupid Duty....smilietease

Hey hey hey now...

I actually think I do. :D

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Ive had a few chances to tackle my paint. But my goodness i am not looking forward to it... Ill get it done though after it warms up and all this rain goes away...

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
You could color sand it with 2,000 wet, then buff it out.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
You could color sand it with 2,000 wet, then buff it out.

Tried a test patch with 2000 and didn't get the results I wanted, so I did another spot with 1500 then 2000. Seemed to do the trick, just have to order some new pads for full correction.

what's a vehicle without a little character :wavey:

Ummm... dirty. smilietease

Exactly what came to my mind, some scratches just don't polish out... I've got the same task with the Corvette

Now you've challenged me! :D

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Tried a test patch with 2000 and didn't get the results I wanted, so I did another spot with 1500 then 2000. Seemed to do the trick,

I bought a mini D/A for wet sanding from Eastwood. Has a small water hose hooked to it, does a great job with half the effort. Just be careful on your corners, you can cut through really fast.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts