Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Racing with Angels...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I dunno how many of you have ever heard of Racing with Angels, but it's a support charity, started by one of my buddies for families that have lost a loved. Work is blocking the site right now, but if you google Racing with Angels, it should be the top selection. They try to help offset costs, and have even built and donated cars before to keep spirits alive.

Anyway, they're putting on a Memorial event tonight in honor of his daughter who tragically died in a boating accident (5 years ago today), as well as in honor of Veterans day, and there are other memorial runs being made tonight.

The event is being held at Mooresville Dragway:
http://www.mooresvilledragway.com/

We'll be doing a huge tailgate from 4:30 til about 7, then start running cars. Thursday's are test and tune nights, but they're running all out tonight for bragging rights. Mooresville is an 1/8 mile track, but I know for fact, there are 4 second cars out there. Last guesstimation was 50 cars would be participating for Racing with Angels.

The door fee is $6 tonight.

I figured I'd post up to give the NC members a heads up, sorry for such short notice though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...I've known about the event for about a month, and just kept forgetting to post it.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Yeah...I've known about the event for about a month, and just kept forgetting to post it.

Too bad you forgot we might have been able to have a GTG with more notice. I love to watch drag racing. Wish I could find a good Pinto body with a title.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Too bad you forgot we might have been able to have a GTG with more notice. I love to watch drag racing. Wish I could find a good Pinto body with a title.

Hehe...I've actually been helping this same buddy with Pinto, this car is getting donated to a girl whose father passed in a wreck. I'll see if I can't snap a pic. He does most the work, I just do the heavy hauling. He just finished the 9" to go in the rear. Currently has a 351W in it, he says he wants to go big block though. Roll cage and tubbing is done, suspension is ready to go. The beauty of these cars, I'd say 95% of the parts are donated, 3% are traded and 2% are bought.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hehe...I've actually been helping this same buddy with Pinto, this car is getting donated to a girl whose father passed in a wreck. I'll see if I can't snap a pic. He does most the work, I just do the heavy hauling. He just finished the 9" to go in the rear. Currently has a 351W in it, he says he wants to go big block though. Roll cage and tubbing is done, suspension is ready to go. The beauty of these cars, I'd say 95% of the parts are donated, 3% are traded and 2% are bought.

I would like to see it.

Ford Truck Articles