Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Renewing driver's license...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hrmmm...left work early yesterday to get my license renewed...got there at about 3:30. There were 17 people in front of me, 5 pm rolls around, there are still 4 people in front of me and I'm informed that due to state mandates no further work is allowed after 5pm, and anyone still waiting must leave. Pissed me off. Guess I gotta take a vacation day just to renew my license.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Finally got my dl, after waiting 3 hours. In that 3 hours they went through 10 class A licenses, 8 class B licenses and 3 class C, be that anywhere from written tests, to driving tests to renewals. I think I found the answer to fixing the NC deficit, install express lines. You service gets exponentially better and faster the more coin you spend. I know I woulda dropped a benjamin or two to have been outta there in 30 mins, and I know some business owners would be money ahead dropping the coin to shut down for 30 mins instead of 3 hours.

I tell ya though, there are some sorry looking people that go in there...makes me cringe thinking they actually control an automobile...and makes me appreciate what police officers do for me a little more.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ya know...on that sorta thing, I'm right there with you. I don't exactly feel like getting choked out by your rig (even though I've been guilty of doing it) and I don't feel like having the paint of my rig getting speckled by your oil residue.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hrmmm...left work early yesterday to get my license renewed...got there at about 3:30. There were 17 people in front of me, 5 pm rolls around, there are still 4 people in front of me and I'm informed that due to state mandates no further work is allowed after 5pm, and anyone still waiting must leave. Pissed me off. Guess I gotta take a vacation day just to renew my license.

That sucks!!!!...it's like being on hold for an hour and then a voice comes on to tell you that they are closed.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
That sucks!!!!...it's like being on hold for an hour and then a voice comes on to tell you that they are closed.

Duncan, Ben won't admit it but he likes torture like that. I bet if we google his name we will see him in that picture wearing a dog collar and a leash dressed like a girl while being led around by Sasquatch.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Duncan, Ben won't admit it but he likes torture like that. I bet if we google his name we will see him in that picture wearing a dog collar and a leash dressed like a girl while being led around by Sasquatch.

That's a thought/image I have no desire of finding out...:rofl:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

I want to know what drove you to that image? Of all the adjectives and descriptions in the world, that's the one you went with???????

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh yeah...another little perk while waiting in the DMV...that might have something to do with the budget crisis, is that there wasn't just one sign for each statement, there weren't two signs...there were five, count 'em FIVE different signs saying the exact same thing. Only catch was, one was in English and the other was in 4 different spanish dialects...face palm.

Side story...there was a hispanic lady that came in with about 6 kids ranging from walking age to about 12. Well the youngest two were absolutely little terrors and screaming the whole time, and the lady was asked to stand outside several times. Well one of the little bastards brought his terrorism outside and was screaming and running up and down the ramp...well it was timed perfectly to where one of the folks leaving the DMV opened the door at the exact perfect time so the little terror ran smack into the door...and I was the only one that applauded. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, and there was no racist intent here, but control your damn kids. Saying around my house was/is, if you're gonna scream and cry, my mother/father will give you a reason to scream and cry...and I assume a door to the face is a reason to scream and cry...at least then it was justified.

Ford Truck Articles