Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Slow Leak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Geezus guys...when will the failures stop...Alright, so about a week ago, I noticed one of my tires was pretty low on air. I aired it up and added some sorta WalMart tire stop leak. I go to the Bronco a few times over the last couple of days and notice the air pressure getting lower and lower. So my question is, is there a good tire stop leak out there that will help slow the leak even further? At least til I can get home in a month and talk to my tire supplier. Is that green Slime stuff worth it? I was gonna try it, but at $10 a can, I was swayed. Thanks for any input.

And for the record...no, there aren't any punctures, no I couldn't find/hear the leak...I have no clue where the air is escaping from.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Geezus guys...when will the failures stop...Alright, so about a week ago, I noticed one of my tires was pretty low on air. I aired it up and added some sorta WalMart tire stop leak. I go to the Bronco a few times over the last couple of days and notice the air pressure getting lower and lower. So my question is, is there a good tire stop leak out there that will help slow the leak even further? At least til I can get home in a month and talk to my tire supplier. Is that green Slime stuff worth it? I was gonna try it, but at $10 a can, I was swayed. Thanks for any input.

And for the record...no, there aren't any punctures, no I couldn't find/hear the leak...I have no clue where the air is escaping from.
If the leak is at the bead, valve stem, or a defective wheel, stop leaks wont work.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So the only thing I can/should do is throw 30lbs of air in the tire every week til I get home and can get it taken care of then. I'm thinking the leak is probably at bead.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I got the same problem on my 85 and it is worse in the summer than now but I just keep fillin it up cause I dont want to go to the tire place.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Slime works well for small punctures but like Vince said-- none of that stuff will do you any good at the valve stem/bead.

You take that truck mudding very much?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You take that truck mudding very much?

Yeah...but not in about a month. Had it over Tellico's way, Uwharrie, Coals Creek and Wind Rock. You thinking I got gunk in it...didn't even think about that.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That would be my first guess Ben, pop the bead and see what you find....

Yessir...I'll do it tomorrow afternoon. I'll have everything I could want. The shop I brought the Bronco to, to get the busted bolt out, is too busy to work on it...so they said I could use their tools tomorrow and get it done. I'm sure they wouldn't mind me hanging around...haha.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
That stop leak is hell on your wheels, too.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid based on personal esperience.

Try breaking the bead and stuffing it with bear snot or tubing it, depending on why it leaks.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts