Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Speed density

Hello all I have 2 questions,
1993 F250 460 C6 - RV Cam, bored .030, timing gear swap, TB Spacer.

Question 1
So when I was in high school I rebuilt the engine in my truck but was unaware at the time of the speed density/MAF thing. The truck was parked just around the 2k mile mark when I left for the military and has sat for a couple years now.
Im looking at getting it back on the Road and im unsure if i need to swap to MAF.
Thing is I don't recall any of the specs on the cam. It ran good those 2k miles but i had expected more. Does it need to be swapped to MAF or is there something I'm missing. Lol thanks for any help

Question 2
Just before it was parked it blew 2 freeze plugs and when I replaced them it blew the rest. It was not overheated.
From research I'm guessing when I cleaned up the holes I may have removed to much metal orrrr my water pump/tstat/rad cap could need replaced.
I'm planning to replace all 3 and use the adjustable rubber plugs for a short while to be sure it's not a fitment issue.
I'm looking to hear from people that have any more suggestions on this matter as I was always stumped why they would just blow out goin down the road.

1993 F250 460 waiting for diesel swap-my 1st truck
1973 K20 6" lift-totaled
1967 F250 2x4-building a 460 to drop in
1977 K10 lifted, mildly built sb400

Ford Truck Articles