Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

squish em

So id like to stuff 37s or 38s under a 77.5 f250 so I need a lift kit check
here's my question many tires in the 37 to 38 in range are 15 in wide
I have rims that are 16x10 15 inch wide tire to wide to pop on should I just go with a 37 that's 13.5 mt baja claws

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You can run a 15" wide tire on a 10" wide rim no problem. Your tires will be 'buldgey' and might have weird tread wear characteristics...but the wider tire and outward pressure should help keep the bead better. Then all you have to worry about is rim backspacing and offset so you're not eating inner fender or 1/4 panel.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^If that's the case, I think I'd want to go with a narrower tire...which a) should be cheaper and b) prevent any tire related body damge and c) prevent you from making bad wearing tires even worse.

I'd go with the 37x13.50 tires, they would do real will on the 10 in rims you already have. Also, if you're wanting to run 37's on a late '77, you're gonna have to lift it up around 4 inches.

Also...I was thinking you had a 79 F350?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Also, if you're wanting to run 37's on a late '77, you're gonna have to lift it up around 4 inches.

There are a couple caveats to that statement. #1, it depends on whether or not it's a 'hiboy' or 'lowboy'. #2, it depends on the remaining life in the springs and body mounts. #3, and this one changes based on the answer to the previous 2, it depends on how radial the tread pattern is and what kind of rim set up you have.

Example...I run 37x13x16.5 Boggers on Red, with absolutely no lift, and no issues or rubbing. I can't remember the specs of my rims...but the set up runs just fine on a stock suspension.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts