Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Sweet 66 f100, just starting.....

Do I know my basics and had a few thoughts I would ask out here and look dumb.... I have a 1966 f100 2wd and want to lower it a little, floor rear springs? And for the front? I would also like to swap out the seat, mine is garbage. What years will bolt right in? My main concern is it is sooooo freakin cold blooded. I can't start it without spraying in carb. How can I fix that? Once it's warmed up it will start fine but it's getting annoying. My #2 is that it stalls at about 62mph!!! Is that gearing, carb, etc. it seriously has nothing more at 62 and knda stalls..... What do you think?

Do I know my basics and had a few thoughts I would ask out here and look dumb.... I have a 1966 f100 2wd and want to lower it a little, floor rear springs? And for the front? I would also like to swap out the seat, mine is garbage. What years will bolt right in? My main concern is it is sooooo freakin cold blooded. I can't start it without spraying in carb. How can I fix that? Once it's warmed up it will start fine but it's getting annoying. My #2 is that it stalls at about 62mph!!! Is that gearing, carb, etc. it seriously has nothing more at 62 and knda stalls..... What do you think?

Mine,I have to pump the hell out of it,but wants the fuel starts flowing,
an engine warmed up,it starts right up quick.

I think mine is more of a weak fuel pick up,maybe old fuel pump,an
not nesasarely cold.....:scratch:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF.

Have you looked at all the basic tuneup parts...like plug, cap, rotor, points etc?

Fellro

Staff member
The cold blooded is two part, choke and fuel. No offense, ( you might be amazed at how many people these days do not know) but are you pumping the pedal to spray fuel from the accelerator pump in the carb before cranking? Is it manual or automatic choke?

Second, dying out at road speed is most likely a fuel supply issue. Fuel filter or pump may be to blame there. Take care of the filter first.

Thanks fellas, I am gonna go buy some basic tune up parts and a fuel filter. I have a manual choke. Thanks for all the info here, you guys are very helpful.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts