Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tire price comparison

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Did I here the "C" word? :suspicious: smilietease :rofl:

I'm surprised that you were able to get cell phone service. Yes, I know the place. One of the boys in their younger years, left Seattle without a spare tire, had a blowout about 50 miles west of Missoula. He spent the night in the car in below zere weather(Thank God he had sleeping bag with him). The next morning, a snow plow stopped and called a tow truck driver in Missoula. It was a scary but very valuable lesson he learned.

Hey just as an aside Doug have you heard of the "missoula maggots" - last year when we had the Rugby World cup out here a couple of the missoula maggots supporters had a night out at our pub in Nelson before we sold it ..... real nice friendly people too - i forget the name of the bar the wife ran but it was one of the university one's

Need new tires for my POS plow truck:

Both 4 ply.

TIRERACK delivered (with shipping): $111.63 per tire

VIP: $125 per tire, doesn't include installation, add $15 per tire, not including disposal, add $7 per tire

Our local tire ship only charges $6 per tire to swap them out not including disposal...not sure what that is, but my old tires are good enough to sell cheap locally, so I'll make a few bucks off that.

$6 a tyre is pretty cheap Ken - does that include balancing ...... you guys have some real good pricing on things there - i charge $20/ tyre for fitting and balancing but if i sell the tyres myself i throw fitting and balancing in and just have a 30% markup instead.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Isn't there a fine for that Duncan?

From what I hear it goes right in the greedy admin/mod pockets. They get paid too much as is, and just like sticking the little guy whenever possible.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
$6 a tyre is pretty cheap Ken - does that include balancing ...... you guys have some real good pricing on things there - i charge $20/ tyre for fitting and balancing but if i sell the tyres myself i throw fitting and balancing in and just have a 30% markup instead.

Yup, mounting and balancing. There's a ton of shops around, so the little guys just try to compete with Walmart and VIP to survive.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Hey just as an aside Doug have you heard of the "missoula maggots" - last year when we had the Rugby World cup out here a couple of the missoula maggots supporters had a night out at our pub in Nelson before we sold it ..... real nice friendly people too - i forget the name of the bar the wife ran but it was one of the university one's

No, Mark. I haven't heard of them. There is a pretty fanatical rugby crowd in that area.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
From what I hear it goes right in the greedy admin/mod pockets. They get paid too much as is, and just like sticking the little guy whenever possible.

I think it's my turn to collect the money. Duncan got it last time and Ryan took it the two times before that... gotta pay our salaries somehow... :rofl2:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts