Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Want to install a tach.....

ACarbone624

I Love My Ford Truck!
My truck doesn't have a tach. I've seen a few aftermarket ones at Autozone the other day for $30. I think Autometer was the brand.
How easy are they to hook up?
What do they hook to?
Do I need to buy anything else or does it come with everything I need to make it work?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Last edited:
I cannot answer the specific question about how the tach hooks up.

I can, however, recommend Autometer gauges. They come with everything you need and good instructions. The instructions are also on their website. The other gauges are easy to hook up. :)

I do not have a tach in my truck, but here are my Autometer gauges:

DSCF0625.jpg

Mine are in "pods" that do not come with the stock gauges. I believe the tachs come with them, but you should be able to tell from the packaging.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Prob a little smaller then that. Its like there smallest one. It was like 26 bucks.

Me and Ryan put one in my old truck, real simple install, re-post here if you buy it and can't figure it out.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
DjDemon put one on his 90, did a real nice job. You should send him a PM. On this site his username is something GrimReaper6696.

If it were me, I'd ebay a cluster w/ tach for your year truck and swap the cluster. It's incredibly easy to do and will keep a stock look in your truck.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I know its no what asked but maybe some on here wants a stock one. I like the stock look . But I can get tach dash for like $40 ish here from parts trucks and wreckers. (Allot of trucks sitting around) .

I can give you directions is get a stocker . If do want a stocker . The years to use for compatibility r 92 -93 .94- 95 and 96-97. There r some over laps but I have got/sold several andno problems . There will be a Number Ie f4e 535464 would a 94 the second number or the 4 after F is the year.

But good luck any way .

yea i definately recommend getting a stock cluster panel. you can then swap out your speedometer on it so you keep your mileage on the odometer. thats what i did. its really just a direct swap if you have the right year cluster.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
My tach size is 2 5/8. Was just at autozone, its 32 bucks.

Ford Truck Articles