Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Watched a Mecum Auction Yesterday

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Looks like the prices on collectible cars is down this year. There were some very nice 60's, 70's muscle cars that went for pretty cheap, and lots didn't make the reserve. The reserve was being lifted and lots of cars were sold for less.

There was a '54 F100 with a Ch*** 454 engine that went for about 10,000. Nice truck other than the motor. :D

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks like the prices on collectible cars is down this year. There were some very nice 60's, 70's muscle cars that went for pretty cheap, and lots didn't make the reserve. The reserve was being lifted and lots of cars were sold for less.

There was a '54 F100 with a Ch*** 454 engine that went for about 10,000. Nice truck other than the motor. :D

The collector car market seems as volatile as the stock market.....IMO based on the last 5 years or so that I've been exposed to it.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Yes, it's a luxury item, that's for sure!

Did you go to it locally or just watch on tv?

Just asking, always wondered if it was any fun to attend those auctions with no intent on buying.

Ryan

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Yes, it's a luxury item, that's for sure!

Did you go to it locally or just watch on tv?

Just asking, always wondered if it was any fun to attend those auctions with no intent on buying.

Ryan

Just watched it on TV. It was in Schaumburg, IL.

One of my friends/coworkers attended one in Las Vegas a couple years ago. He went with another coworker that bought a '68 Camaro. The admission price is STEEP! The friend said it was really depressing to walk around all those beautiful cars with no money in pocket. :(

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
People use Chebby engine in their street rods, because I've heard that you can build a Chebby motor than you can build a Ford or a Mopar engine, and that the parts are way more plentiful for a Chebby than they are for a Ford or a Mopar engine. A while ago I had seen a beautiful 78 Ford F-150 Ranger Lariat 4x4 on Fleabay going for $40000 but it had an LS3 Corvette engine in it, it was a nice truck, but that joker had ruined it by putting a Chebby engine in it. Made me sick though if you're going to build a Ford THEN STAY with Ford power, like a nice 351M / 400 or even a nice 460 or a 302 or even a 300 six.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
People use Chebby engine in their street rods, because I've heard that you can build a Chebby motor than you can build a Ford or a Mopar engine, and that the parts are way more plentiful for a Chebby than they are for a Ford or a Mopar engine. A while ago I had seen a beautiful 78 Ford F-150 Ranger Lariat 4x4 on Fleabay going for $40000 but it had an LS3 Corvette engine in it, it was a nice truck, but that joker had ruined it by putting a Chebby engine in it. Made me sick though if you're going to build a Ford THEN STAY with Ford power, like a nice 351M / 400 or even a nice 460 or a 302 or even a 300 six.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

I saw that truck.....what a work of art it was!!! I think it was worth the $40k myself......a luxurious rig with the real classic look....I believe a rig just like that or similar is what I'll get in the next few years cause my dents are being passed down to the boys.

Yea I watch those auctions sometimes.I about fell over backwards when
I see how cheap some of them go for.

I wished that I had 10 or 20 grand to spend....:headbang:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts