Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

white smoke coolant dripping from exhaust

I just wanted to see what you guys thought....

I had white smoke like a train, and coolant dripping from my exhaust, im in the process of changing my oil cooler and egr delete..think this will fix my problem?

First of all, welcome to FTF!

I'm by no means the final word in these things but in my opinion, it's your EGR cooler caused by your stopped up oil cooler which got stopped up by debris in the coolant that could have been gotten by a coolant filter. *whew*

How many miles do you have on your truck?

199,000 miles!!! :shocked: ....on an '06??? Holy Hell!!!

We have a member here that has (I think) around 180,000 on a problematic '03. He has the the original (all of them) c93 injectors and has not had an EGR valve or cooler failure. If you go to dieselsite and look at their coolant filter, the picture you see are his. I follow his maintenance regiment and hope to have his success.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Where exactly is the coolant filter? I've been looking and really want to change it.
There isn't one. Its an aftermarket add on. In my opinion, its the best modification that you can do. Its the only one that I approve of too (but who ever listens to me?).

Ford Truck Articles