Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1979 F-350 Supercab 4x4

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Crap....

Is it running and/or road worthy?

If not, what else needs to be done mechanically excluding cosmetics?

Crap....

Is it running and/or road worthy?

If not, what else needs to be done mechanically excluding cosmetics?

You say Crap in a good way, I can hear it in your voice!

It is running but I still need to dial in the shims for the rocker arm. There is an ever so slight pop and I think it is just a matter of getting the proper clearances. This will be addressed before the truck would leave my possession.

It is not road worthy, no windshield, windows, lights are all out. Best to trailer it. Mechanically, all that needs to be finished is the rocker adjustment. I have driven it down the street and back with no issues or than the slight pop every now and then.

Cosmetically, bed needs to be wet sanded, cab, doors and fenders need a once over to confirm they are ready for paint, hood needs 2 small dents repaired (fell over in my car trailer) nothing major. After paint reassemble and drive. Have all parts to finish interior except the woodgrain dash pieces.

Best bet is trailered to wherever it ends up.

Sorry to hear Scott....I know all to well how things can go...may have to sell mine shortly....:(

Long story short, my landlord rented out the building I am renting for more money so he has given me the boot. I need to get the 47 IH into my garage at home and with the Supercab all 4 stalls are full. I need to clear a spot for the IH.

I'm also burnt out. I honestly can say I think I've taken 1 to many trucks apart. If it doesn't sell it will be finished. It will then be up for sale again. I honestly don't have any reason to hang onto it. My poor old Bronco came out of the garage once this year so far and that was to wash it and then it went right back in. The Supercab would end being the same way. I don't have the time to really enjoy the Bronco right now so I know the Supercab will be the same way.

Anyhow trucks for sale, someone come and get themselves a sweet deal.

1 of only 1,682 made.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
:( :( . That's too bad, Scott! I hope it finds a good home.

That's half a years' college for my daughter. If wishes were horses.......

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
DANGIT.....this rig is not going to last long....not only do I need a car hauler, but I also need a 250 or larger to pull it right? I only have 150's. :headbang:

This is exactly why I told my wife to let me get an F250 or F350 with a car hauler!:hammer:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^^just all the cool ones!!!!

Sent from my not so smart phone.

:( :( . That's too bad, Scott! I hope it finds a good home.

That's half a years' college for my daughter. If wishes were horses.......

Oh I think it will. If it doesn't I will finish it.

DANGIT.....this rig is not going to last long....not only do I need a car hauler, but I also need a 250 or larger to pull it right? I only have 150's. :headbang:

This is exactly why I told my wife to let me get an F250 or F350 with a car hauler!:hammer:

No I don't think it will. Talked with a guy today who has a nice collection and he is giving it some serious thought.

Where do you live at Ken? I have a nice enclosed trailer and 350 I can tow it with.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Oh I think it will. If it doesn't I will finish it.

No I don't think it will. Talked with a guy today who has a nice collection and he is giving it some serious thought.

Where do you live at Ken? I have a nice enclosed trailer and 350 I can tow it with.

I almost asked if you did....I know you hauled it originally with an open trailer also. I live in Maine....not too bad actually.

Yes it was open trailer from Cali to here but it was all in one piece. I wouldn't trust it on an open trailer now. A lot of the trim would need to go in the bed.

I got a message over at FTE from a guy in Decatur Al that is very interested in it but I would need to deliver it to him as well. Trying now to figure out what a fair rate would be.

Maine, yikes! That is like 1200 miles roughly.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That was quick, but not surprising!

Yeah less than 4 days Duncan. After talking with the buyer it sounds like it will get the needed love to finish it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool....glad to know it's going to a good home.

Ford Truck Articles