Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2005 Expedition 5.4 3V 4x4

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Advance Trac light flashes on and off intermediatly, occasionally making the dash guages do the same as well, also the button on the center console is tough to click (thinking it needs a good cleaning as it is between the cup holders...who's idea was that FORD:headbang:?! LOL)

I had to go swap cars with the wife today, because she was saying it was acting sluggish. When I arrived I shut the car down and restarted it. Drove fine all the way back home and no lights or bogging... I am going to drive it this afternoon to the dr's office and see if it acts up on me.

I could be led to believe that it is a bad sensor as it didn't start acting up until I pulled the DF tire to do brakes. I didn't get to do them and put the tire right back on. Also it was raining this AM when she was driving it, not hard, but still raining.

Also I am under the assumption that the allen head screw that holds the caliper on is a 9mm. Of course I don't have a 9mm to check this theory, but every other allen I have doesn't fit... My sets jump from 8mm to 10mm and 5/16" to 3/8"

Thanks all.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Kind of sounds like a sensor. Advance trac is nothing more than ABS in reverse. If the abs module sees a wheel going too fast (spinning), it applies the brake there. If its thinking that its constantly spinning, could explain the sluggishness. You need that dreaded high end scanner to get codes from the abs module. If you supply the rubber gloves, they'll go easy on you!smilietease

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts