Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A/c Max

sicktight722

Greatest man alive
When I turn the A/c on A/C Max it only blows out of the defrost, nothing comes out the vents or down by the floor. Was wondering if this was normal. In my ranger A/c max came out the vent.

Thanks.

Fellro

Staff member
Does it do that at any other time? If so, you may have lost vacuum to the actuator or reservior.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
The control might not be sending vac to the right valves, do you know if its vac or cable operated blend doors. If you select the other options they all work fine? Like vent, floor, bi-level if the opt is there.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
When I turn the A/c on A/C Max it only blows out of the defrost, nothing comes out the vents or down by the floor. Was wondering if this was normal. In my ranger A/c max came out the vent.

Thanks.
Nope, not normal. Those vent controls are controlled by vacuum. Check the lines under the dash to make sure they're all intact. Also, this white vac line is VERY prone to getting brittle and breaking, check it too:

upl9869367683.jpg

sicktight722

Greatest man alive
ok, thanks yall. I figured it wasn't normal. In all the other settings the air blows out where it is suppose to. Hopefully my schedule will clear up a lil so I can get around to checking it. Which i don't really use the a/c unless I go home or out on a date.

Thanks again. I'll let yall know what I find when I find it.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
hmmm not to hijack but uhhhh I got a problem where my max ac acts as a vent and only blows hot air.......I've heard it's something on the blower motor like a resistor coil or sumthin...any thoughts......

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
hmmm not to hijack but uhhhh I got a problem where my max ac acts as a vent and only blows hot air.......I've heard it's something on the blower motor like a resistor coil or sumthin...any thoughts......

If your only blowing hot the A/C may not be working or the blend door mabe stuck.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut

Thanks.

Check for a vac leak. No vac to the controls will give default defrost.

Fellro

Staff member
Since it works on everything else, I would go switch or hose to the defrost actuator. Had a mouse chew up a hose once on me...

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
I had the same problem with my truck , the white hose that Skank mentioned was the culprit , it was a easy fix , I cut the bad part and put another piece onto the two ends. Works like a champ now.

sicktight722

Greatest man alive
reviving this thread, i finally got around to checking the white line under the hood, touched it and the just crumbled. it looks like it as already been repaired once as there/was a larger black hose patching a section of it, which was also dry rotted beyond belief. So, where does this hose run to after it passes through the firewall. I was thinking of replacing the whole hose. how hard would this be? and were might i find a hose like this?

That white line is the vac supply, I believe. You can generally pick up a length of it at your auto parts store, but if not, use DRIP-MIST line. if the hose is decent close to the cowl, you can use a section of rubber vac hose to mate them there.

sicktight722

Greatest man alive
i'm not sure how good it near my cowl, as it runs into a plastic wire protector thingy. Any idea where it runs after the hits the firewall? I might just replace everything to save any headache further one.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts