Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Better stay off the roads around here....

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I got my permit today!

Parents let me drive home....that was interesting. First time I ever drove a car on the main road. Mom was in passenger seat, dad in the back seat. I didnt mess up to bad though....

Crossed the yellow line twice, crossed the white line once, was speeding 3-4 times, did under the speed limit by 5-10mph a couple of times, and turned WAY to fast for my parent's liking...(I turned at 30mph, they said I should turn in runnig 5 or less)..

We went about 6 or 7 miles...YelloThumbUp

Over all I think I did alright though....:rofl:

Blade

Backwoods boy
ehhhh, sounds alright :p.... all i get to drive is on the dirt roads round here :p its a lot of fun too when i get to spin the tires:p, cant wait to get my permit though.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
ehhhh, sounds alright :p.... all i get to drive is on the dirt roads round here :p its a lot of fun too when i get to spin the tires:p, cant wait to get my permit though.

hahaha...I was driving the 93 lumina, kinda hard to spin the tires in that without REALLY trying

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Congrats! Glad I'm a lotta miles away, though...smilieneenar

The day I got my permit was, uh, not the first time I ever drove on a public road. Drove halfway across the state for dinner, in a stick-shift car.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey man...just wanted to say congrats. And since you IMed me that you got your permit, I haven't driven. I will however be running errands tomorrow until about 2pm, so I would greatly appreciate it if you stayed off the roads.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Hey man...just wanted to say congrats. And since you IMed me that you got your permit, I haven't driven. I will however be running errands tomorrow until about 2pm, so I would greatly appreciate it if you stayed off the roads.

10-4

I might be going around here tommorrow to practice...I'll try to stay outta Knoxville though. :rofl: YelloThumbUp

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Congrats dude. And if I may give some advice, don't worry.

You'll get alot better very quickly.

I remember the first time I went out driving. I was actually pretty scared.

I got better real fast. So in a few months, the roads will probably be relatively safe for the rest of us :rofl2:

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Congrats Tyler...by the time I got my license, driving was already a normality...I had been driving everything from tiny cars to diesel duallies for a few years...pulled a couple of trailers too. Was nice to make it legal.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Congrats dude. And if I may give some advice, don't worry.

You'll get alot better very quickly.

I remember the first time I went out driving. I was actually pretty scared.

I got better real fast. So in a few months, the roads will probably be relatively safe for the rest of us :rofl2:

Yeah...I was sorta scared, but who woudlnt be with parents in the car...:rofl:

Congrats Tyler...by the time I got my license, driving was already a normality...I had been driving everything from tiny cars to diesel duallies for a few years...pulled a couple of trailers too. Was nice to make it legal.

I'v drivin aronud here some in the car.....just not much. YelloThumbUp

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Congrats bud! Glad to hear you passed the test. took me 4 tries to get the written and 2 to get the driving part! LOL Could explain all the motors, transmissions, rearends, driveshafts and cars I have gone through!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey congrats Tyler! That's cool man. Driving is really fun. I think I enjoy it nearly as much as I did when I first started.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Congrats bud! Glad to hear you passed the test. took me 4 tries to get the written and 2 to get the driving part! LOL Could explain all the motors, transmissions, rearends, driveshafts and cars I have gone through!

Hahaha....This was the first time I ever took the test. YelloThumbUp

Hey congrats Tyler! That's cool man. Driving is really fun. I think I enjoy it nearly as much as I did when I first started.

FUN? THERE IS A FUN SIDE!?!? I WAS A NERVUS WRECK! :rofl: j/k I had fun....was kinda crazy though.

sicktight722

Greatest man alive
congrats man. Nothing wrong with driving 5 or 10 under the speed limit. I like to just cruise around most to the time, but I've also been told a lot that I drive like an old man.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
congrats man. Nothing wrong with driving 5 or 10 under the speed limit. I like to just cruise around most to the time, but I've also been told a lot that I drive like an old man.

I dont like driving slower than the speed limit....but it's hard not to when your not used to keeping a certain speed...:rofl:

I was from 30-55 constantly, I bet the people behind me was absolutly thrilled to be following me...

Blade

Backwoods boy
I dont like driving slower than the speed limit....but it's hard not to when your not used to keeping a certain speed...:rofl:

I was from 30-55 constantly, I bet the people behind me was absolutly thrilled to be following me...

hey man thanks for the heads up :p i know i live a while away from u but im still scared out of my pants :p.....smilieneenar wont be long and ill be gettin my permit :p i cant wait.. least ill get to drive a ford home

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
hey man....out of my pants :p.....smilieneenar wont be long

What is it about you and Tyler getting out of your pants for eachother? Don't the goats get jealous?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
What is it about you and Tyler getting out of your pants for eachother? Don't the goats get jealous?

You just HAD to go there didn't you....'smiliedoh'

but, since you did....and you asked.... The goat's ain't as jealous as your girlfriend. YelloThumbUp

Paco

Tennessee Chapter member
Congrats Man!... I'm glad I'm over here in the middle of the state LOL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts