Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Better stay off the roads around here....

I got my permit today!

Parents let me drive home....that was interesting. First time I ever drove a car on the main road. Mom was in passenger seat, dad in the back seat. I didnt mess up to bad though....

Crossed the yellow line twice, crossed the white line once, was speeding 3-4 times, did under the speed limit by 5-10mph a couple of times, and turned WAY to fast for my parent's liking...(I turned at 30mph, they said I should turn in runnig 5 or less)..

We went about 6 or 7 miles...YelloThumbUp

Over all I think I did alright though....:rofl:

you just keep it over there in east TN.....smilieneenar :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oh and Congrats......lol

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
I leveled a double brick mailbox...maybe he'll be fortunate enough to follow in my footsteps.

(you'd be surprised how badly a Ranger rides with that many bricks in the bed)

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Ill take that bet itll be within the next 6 months hell hit somethin. I got in my first fender bender in my driveway and did a tommy boy with the door of my dads car before I got my liscence. Ive also been towin trailers and drivin a stick since I was thirteen.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
dont worry about your folks. Eventually youll be going balls to wall with them in the truck. i do it just to piss off my mom sometimes. Blow through the cattle gaurd with 4 inchs on either side of the truck at 40 mph really pisses her off. considering she rolled her suv on the same cattle guard going 10

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
You know, Anthony...

Sometimes letting other people figure stuff like that out on their own is half the fun. ;)

*For the record, both my parents are now totally oblivious to how I drive. ("We were doing 90 down the turnpike? Really? I never even noticed..." or "I don't understand why it takes you so much less time to get places than when I drive- you don't drive fast [with the speedometer sitting about 20 over the limit].)

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
thats scary ernie, it really is. Next time you go on your cross country trip. and she drives, drive around Wyoming LOL

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Its about damn time! Congrats.

I was definantly not nervous my first (legal) time. when i was 10 my friends dad took us out to a field in his truck and taught us everything we could ever need to know from normal driving to performance driving to emergency situations. He was a professional race driver at the time btw..

The only things you need to know about driving are
1. When in doubt; power out!
2. If you cant find em; grind em!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
thats scary ernie, it really is. Next time you go on your cross country trip. and she drives, drive around Wyoming LOL

For whose safety- yours or the Bear family's? smilieneenar

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

No truer words have ever been spoken...haha.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah, dude. Stay on your own side of the Appalachains for a while, please. Keep us NCers safe until you're a little more experienced.

Hey I'm an NCer...but since I go to UT, he's only about 15-20 mins away from me...Trust me I've asked for expidited graduation parameters, so I can get outta here before he starts driving alot.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Congrats buddy.

I'll tell you, driving away for the first time (by myself) was so much better than having the parents in the car. You learn more that way, but it's good to have them when you're starting out even if tensions are high.

Enjoy it!

Ryan

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner

VERY true! I plan on driving like that to....

Oregon => Tennessee...

OK, check, we're good. :rofl:

On second thought, we're not- daughter Jenny (KRP) has her permit too.

Congrats man!

I'm glad I'm far away....

I bet within a month we would run into each other (literally) :rofl:

Congrats buddy.

I'll tell you, driving away for the first time (by myself) was so much better than having the parents in the car. You learn more that way, but it's good to have them when you're starting out even if tensions are high.

Enjoy it!

Ryan

I'm not to sure about that....:rofl:

YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts